Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Blah Blah Blog


I still have not emerged from my blog cocoon.  My guards are still up.  And I'm still making "safe" entries.  

It's about 12:30 a.m.  I'm cold but refuse to get up and turn the heat on or go grab a blanket.  I do this a lot.  It's a way of depriving myself as an expression of not truly appreciating myself. Simply put, I'm not important enough to get warm.  It sounds laughable to read and to write but it's true. And I really feel that way.  I'm also pretty lazy sometimes.  So that probably plays a part, too. 

There's a lot on my mind right now and I'm wondering if I should save it for tomorrow or let it out now while it's still fresh.  The age old question asked by my inner writer - will marinating in it make it better (like lemon chicken) or does waiting air out the fragrance of its essence (like car fresheners)?

It's ok to struggle WHILST making a post, right?  

"Muchacha" and I were having a very lively discussion today about Jesus' words in Matthew 5:23, 24 -  

"If, then, you are bringing your gift to the altar and you there remember that your brother has something against you, 24 leave your gift there in front of the altar, and go away; first make your peace with your brother, and then, when you have come back, offer up your gift." - New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures



It basically comes down to that right now.  So that's what I'm going to do.  






Make peace with my brother.

I promise, my blogs won't always be this vague.

1 comment:

  1. Cara,
    I thought your blog was very nice today. I hope everything works out with the brother or sister. Don't wait too long! Love Tiff

    ReplyDelete