Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A Possible Way to Avoid DirecTV Cancellation Fees

I'll save you the long and boring story and just provide you with the happy ending.

A firm email sent to directvcustomerhelp@directv.com and ellen.filipiak@directv.com regarding a $320 cancellation fee that was being incurred despite their tech testifying that we could not receive a "line of sight" to a satellite from our building.   Within 24 hours I got a response saying the fee was waived.

Remarkable considering the extensive and heated phone conversation a day before, which I am still sparing you.

So, if you have DirecTV issues, which I know many of you do after looking around online for a solution, try sending an email to those 2 addresses. 

Seriously, I was surprised it was wrapped up and resolved so quickly.

1 comment:

  1. I have heard of people actually contacting a newspaper or TV news station in order to get fair treatment from Directv. I read an article about a man who moved and was not able to have his dish installed, so Directv hit him with a huge cancelation fee. It’s sad when customers must find someone to fight for them so they can get treated like people and not like a number. As a DISH Network customer/employee, I know that it is very important to treat the customer right and that it is not all about the money. If you are interested in that article check it out at http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2011-10-04/business/ct-biz-1004-problem-dagosto-20111004_1_directv-customer-directv-spokesman-robert-mercer-directv-contract.

    ReplyDelete