Saturday, November 15, 2008

Columbus Circle dot dot dot


Took this shot last week right before the Conor Oberst concert.  It was one of the only pics I took with my beloved nikon that night as I was forced to bring it to the coat check.

The short conversation between the security guard and myself went something like this:
*Warning: Slight exaggerations may occur due to memory loss.


Guard: "You gotta check that."
Me: "Check what?"
Guard: "That camera." (points to camera poorly hidden beneath my open hoodie)
(I fake shock because the lady 15 ft. away already told me)
Me: "But I don't understand, why can't I bring my camera?  I checked the internet and it said it's ok."
Guard: "The artist doesn't want any photos taken with those types of camera inside."
Me: "What types of cameras exactly?"
Guard: "You know, those.  The ones that take film."
Me: "Oh nonono, this camera doesn't take film.  It's just digital." (hey, it was worth a shot)
Guard: "Well, whatever.  He doesn't want those (points).  The little ones are ok, though."
Me: "So basically he only wants crappy shots of himself."
Guard: "Right."
Me: (not so under my breath) "Thanks, Conor Oberst."

So anyway, Columbus Circle is nice this time of year.

This is a shot I took after I retrieved my camera from the coat check.  A really lame way of "stickin' it to the MAN".  I'm so dangerous.  Please.  Someone stop me.




Oh, and this is Edie who made it all worth while. 


2 comments:

  1. you didn't exaggerate the conversation with the security guard. you actually LEFT stuff out, haha. and you kept muttering not-really-under-your-breath-at-all and at anyone who had any kind of authority there about how stupid it was to have to check your camera and that conor was such a jerk.

    and i hate that picture! so awkward and it looks like i'm... sneering? i can't smile on cue. but the blurry people are cool, and i'm happy my coat photographs well! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like it!! i think its casual and pretty. not cheesy or fake at all.. i had to work it a little to get you to loosen up for this shot. it's nice, so hush! ;)

    ReplyDelete